Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best assassin character for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion?

I kind of what the ultimate assassin. I was wondering what class, race, and birth sign i should chose. Also should i join the thieves guild if i am a freelance assassin? What is the best assassin character for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion?
There's really no such thing as a "perfect" or "ultimate" character; it depends on your preference and what PC you will enjoy playing most. That said, there are some general tips on creating an assassin or thief:



* Race - Probably the 'best' races to choose from for an assassin would be Bosmer (any gender), Khajiit (female), Argonian (male) or Dunmer (any gender). These races have abilities that could come in handy for an assassin and have stats that focus on speed and/or agility.



* Class - You could choose one of the pre-made classes for your assassin. However, most often these classes fall short. I suggest you create a Custom Class with Agility and Speed as the primary Attributes. You should choose your seven major skills from Alchemy, Alteration, Armorer, Blade, Illusion, Light Armor, Marksman, Mercantile, Sneak or Speechcraft. Note: Only choose Alteration if you don't like playing the lockpicking minigame, as this school has the "Open" spells.



* Birthsign - Most Birthsigns could be good, though I'd choose from Thief, Shadow or The Steed.



The above tips will get you started on creating a powerful assassin. Personally, I would join the Thieves Guild (to get rid of any stolen loot) and the Mages Guild (to be able to create your own spells and enchanted items). Even though you'll be freelance, you should also consider joining the Dark Brotherhood, as you can get some very useful gear for an assassin.



Here's the build for my assassin (now at Level 27):



Race - Female Khajiit

Class - Custom Class (Shadowstalker)

Attributes - Agility and Speed

Birthsign - The Thief

Major Skills - Alchemy, Armorer, Blade, Illusion, Light Armor, Marksman and Sneak



I've had several builds for an assassin character. The earlier ones had Mercantile and Speechcraft in place of Armorer and Blade. I'm happier with this build, though. Alchemy lets me create crippling poisons and useful potions. At Journeyman level, Armorer allows me to repair my magical gear (like my enchanted bows and swords). Blade, Light Armor, Marksman and Sneak are self-explanatory. Illusion lets me get around not having Speechcraft and gives me access to Illusion and Chameleon spells; this is overall more useful than having the Shadow Birthsign. The Thief Birthsign gives me added Speed and Agility, and gives a bonus to Luck (which gives a "behind the scenes" bonus to all you skills).



Good Luck!What is the best assassin character for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion?
Glad I could help.

Report Abuse

What is the best assassin character for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion?
does it matter if it is female or a male khajit

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment